Booking Terms & Conditions
THE BIG RIDE
The Big Ride Booking Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in The Big Ride (“TBR”) cycle ride scheduled to take place from 4th to 6th August 2017 (“the event”). Completion of a booking form by each participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
1. The participant is fully responsible for their actions during the ride itself and events connected with the ride. TBR does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
2. This agreement will come into force when TBR has accepted your application to take part in the event. TBR will notify you of acceptance of your booking by sending you an acknowledgement email. No contract between TBR and you will exist until TBR has issued such email acknowledgement.
3. TBR reserves the right not to accept your booking form.
4. The purpose of your participation in the event is to raise money for the Middle Eastern Children’s Alliance charity (“MECA”).
5. Each participant, upon completing a booking form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
6. To be eligible for the event you must:
6.1 complete and return the booking form to TBR with the relevant payment, payable to TBR; and
6.2 be over 18 at the date of booking. The booking form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must submit the booking form on behalf of the underage rider. Submission of a proxy booking form implies responsibility for the actions and consequences of the underage rider. Under 16s need to be accompanied at all times by an adult who is responsible for them.
7. The participant confirms that the bicycle they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness. TBR recommend that you have your bike serviced before the event.
8. It is recommended that all riders wear a cycle helmet which conforms to current regulations. Riders should also carry some form of identification clearly showing their name and the contact number of a relative or friend who can be contacted in the case of an emergency.
9. You will only be entitled to take part in the event if TBR ( acting reasonably) is satisfied that your participation in the event is not likely to have a detrimental effect on the morale of the participants as a whole. TBR reserves the right to exclude you from the event at any stage if your health or behaviour warrants it.
10. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not limited to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of TBR or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the participant still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
11. TBR will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the event takes place in accordance with the information provided on their website. However, TBR reserve the right to make alterations to the arrangements as TBR may reasonably require, including (for example) changes to the route, changes to the itinerary or changes to the proposed accommodation.
12. TBR will use all reasonable endeavours to place participants in their room request of choice. However, such requests are subject to availability at the time of registration and TBR cannot be held responsible in the event of non-availability.
13. TBR reserves the right to to cancel the event at any time before the scheduled date. All movies would be refunded apart from the cost of the cycle top if it had been sent out.
14. It is the responsibility of all participants, at the time of registration, to inform TBR of any special dietary requirements (ie. vegetarian, vegan or food allergies.) TBR will use all reasonable endeavours to cater for specific dietary requirements, but this is not guaranteed and is subject to the availability of catering options at each stage of the event.
15. By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that TBR has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that TBR will not be liable for death or personal injury. We recommend all participants take out their own accidental death or personal injury insurance.
16. By taking part in the event, all participants confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they consider they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at the event.
17. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations ( GDPR), we will retain the information on your booking form for 1 year following The Big Ride you have booked onto. We will then retain your name and email address only, for a further 3 years. This is to ensure we can continue to inform you of future Big Rides and related events. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by replying to an email from The Big Ride or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stating "UNSUBSCRIBE".
18. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between TBR and the participant relating to the event and supersedes all other prior representations, agreements, or arrangements whether written or oral, express or implied relating to the event.
19. By completing and signing the application form to take part in the event, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.